This site is operated by the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) in partnership with the British Antarctic Survey, Scottish Association for Marine Science and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office ('we', 'us', 'our'). You can contact us by email at email@example.com
The site was developed by the Royal Geographical Society with IBG in partnership with the British Antarctic Survey, Scottish Association for Marine Science and the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Project Development Manager: Judith Mansell, Education Officer RGS-IBG
Website content writers:
- Michelle Jones: "Hunter or hunted", "Arctic Science", "Troubled waters" and "Postcard from the edge"
- Judith Mansell: "Climate change", "Resources from the edge", "Arctic Circumpolar Governance"
- Raymond Molony: "Living on the edge"
- Alan Parkinson: "Snow, water, ice and permafrost in the Arctic"
Website design: Wave
- Anne Marie Emmett
- Mike Ashby
- Martin Crabbe
- Jon Wolton
- Stuart Hitch
- Michael Bradshaw - Leicester University
- Klaus Dodds - Royal Holloway, University of London
- Kathryn Yusoff - Exeter University
- Richard Powell - Liverpool University
- Nick Cox - BAS
- Michael Bravo - Scott Polar Research Institute
- Sounds Natural - barnacle geese calls
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Canadian Hydraulics Centre, National Research Council of Canada (Type B vessel animation in 'Troubled waters')
- Centre for Marine Simulation
- Canadian Northern Contaminants Programme
- Arctic Monitoring Assessment Programme
- Arctic Voice
- Michelle Jones/Aaju Peters
Arctic Voice is an educational project founded by Glenn Morris, FRGS, a former teacher and highly experienced Arctic traveller. The aim of the project is to educate children in the UK about the Arctic, its people, and the changes they are facing. The work of the project has been described as "inspirational" by Sir Jonathon Porritt CBE.
Sounds Natural produce and distribute CDs, DVDs and videos - and audio cassettes and 35mm transparencies - on wildlife, the countryside, heritage and the environment, with a new library of audio bird and countryside books. We also have a number of drama and poetry productions on CD, including a unique dramatisation of "Wind in the Willows", supply wildlife and other sounds to individual clients and have produced numerous audio tours for on-site heritage interpretation.
Terms and Conditions
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE
Copyright. All content available from this site is subjected to copyright and may be downloaded and used for educational purposes only. Images may be downloaded from the Resources/Image Library section only. The use of any other imagery throughout this site is not permitted. All other use of the content on this site is prohibited, including (without limitation) reproducing the content in any form for commercial purposes.
All copies of any part of the content material must bear an acknowledgement of the copyright of the owner of the material (FCO; BAS; RGS-IBG). Copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must not be removed. You may not use any content on this site for any other purpose without our prior written consent. Examples of prohibited use include (without limitation):
reproducing any content for commercial purposes; or
inclusion of any content on any other website (whether commercial or not).
All rights enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair use of our site. You must not use this site:
- in any way that interrupts, damages or impairs access to this site, or is likely (whether in itself or in combination with the activities of others) to do so
- for any fraudulent purpose, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.
Other people's rights. You must not use this site to transmit or upload or otherwise publish:
- any material that is defamatory, abusive, obscene, of a harassing nature or in any other way offensive; or
- material that infringes anyone else's copyright or other intellectual property rights, or that infringes any right of privacy, confidentiality or legal privilege;
- material containing viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Links to our site. In creating a link to this site please indicate that we are the source of the information by including an acknowledgement near to/in the link. We would be grateful if you could notify us about the link. Please also ensure that we are not brought into disrepute by the creation of the link; in such cases, we will request the link's removal (and, if necessary, may bring legal proceedings to seek its removal). Please note that we may move pages on this site or change their address without prior notice.
Links to third party sites. Any links to third party websites are provided to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that website, and we are not liable for the content of any site to which we link.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
Accuracy of content. We take reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this site is accurate and up-to-date. However, errors and omissions do occur, and you should not take the accuracy of the information for granted, but should check directly with us using the contact details provided on this site. We therefore disclaim all liability for your use of the information on this site.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
This site is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from use of this site, except death or personal injury to the extent this is caused by our negligence. Examples of loss or damage for which we are not liable include (but are not limited to) any loss or damage resulting from:
- your reliance on or use of any information or material obtained either directly or indirectly from the use of this site.
- the transmission, reception or use by any person of information by about or to you;
- any inaccuracies in any information on this site;
- the unavailability of this site.
- Changes to these terms. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. The terms displayed on the site when you visit will be the terms that apply to you for that visit.
- Governing Law. Any dispute or claim concerning or arising from this website is to be determined in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales are to have exclusive jurisdiction in determining such disputes or claims.